Medical Grade Lasers • Suitable for all skin types • Pain free • Same therapist
The Skin Lab prides itself on using top of the range Cynosure Elite lasers for hair removal that is effective and safe. It combines the Alexandrite laser with the YAG laser for high performance treatment capabilities in terms of speed, efficacy, ease-of-use, performance, safety and patient satisfaction.
IPL vs Laser
Laser hair removal uses extremely precise and specific light technology to target only hair follicles, leaving the treated area permanently hair free after only a few sessions.
IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light and is not a laser. It targets the hair follicle but because it uses a scattered light approach, it’s not as targeted and can’t be used on a very dark skin.
30% OFF 6 SESSIONS
(paid in 2 instalments)
A patch test and laser consultation are required for all new customers. Consultations are redeemable against treatments.
- IMPORTANT! Please allow 6-8 weeks between sessions. Hair must be treated during the active growing stage.
- No Heat treatments are permitted for 24/48 hrs (Sauna, steam room, hot showers & baths, swimming)
- No make up application for 24hrs, with the exception of mineral make up., which can be applied immediately after & at our clinic.
- No application of perfumed products for 24/48 hrs after.
- SPF 30+ is recommended for 4 weeks after on areas exposed to sunlight. Tanning the skin is not advised between treatments. The skin needs to be as pale as possible for optimum results. (Tanned skin cannot be treated, as the skin will absorb too much energy)
- Aloe Vera gel may be applied to sooth skin if necessary afterwards.
- No waxing or tweezing of the hairs is permitted between treatments, as a root must be present in the follicle in order for the laser to work.
- Shaving is permitted as often as you wish between treatments.
- For body areas, clients must arrive to the clinic with the area to be treated shaved for the treatment, or else a charge of €50 will be incurred. It is more tedious for a therapist to clip/shave a client, as loose hairs present on a clients skin can risk their skin getting burnt, & can damage the laser hand piece.
- Facial hairs do not need to be clipped/shaved back, as this is a small zone & easy for the therapist to clip.
- In the unlikely/ rare event that a blister/burn should occur, you can apply hydrocortisone ointment. Do not burst the blister as this may leave a mark on the skin. Apply 3 times daily. Do not expose the area to sunshine, as you may increase risk of pigmentation.
- Call the clinic if you have any concerns post procedure
Before your consultation, please make a list of all the products that you are currently using on your skin, and any you may have tried in the past. Please make a note of any reactions, good or bad that you may have experienced after you used these products.
When you arrive, we will work through a comprehensive questionnaire, where you’ll be asked about any skin conditions or health conditions you have. We’ll also need to know about any medication or health supplements you may be taking.
Please ensure that you have no fake tan or moisturiser on your skin ahead of your consultation. If you have any fake tan on your skin, it may not be possible to proceed with the laser hair removal treatment on that day.
During your consultation, we will patch test with the laser on the parts of the body that you require laser hair removal, and monitor for any reactions.
This will all help us choose the most appropriate treatment, and help avoid any potential side effects.